Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hello Kitty Cake





This week I made a Hello Kitty Birthday Cake for a friend of a friend's little girl.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out, since it was my first time making a gum paste figurine.  I tried and tried to find a tutorial on how to make a Hello Kitty one, but it seems to be a trend for cake artists to simply film YouTube videos of their finished cake!  Since after about 3 minutes of panning around and around the same cake, I was no closer to having a Hello Kitty completed, I set out and figured it out on my own.  I was quite pleased with the results.  I even made a mini fondant cupcake of her own.

The actual cake is chocolate filled with a light chocolate mousse and topped with a pink swiss meringue buttercream.  I am still nervous about and in the process of mastering writing on cakes, so you can see I mussed up the top a bit in the process.

I'm baking up some more Cinco De Mayo themed treats this weekend...stay tuned for Dulce de Leche Macarons.

No comments:

Post a Comment